[theforum] Zombie!

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Jun 24 08:53:36 CDT 2013

On 24 Jun 2013, at 14:16, Adrian Roselli <Roselli at algonquinstudios.com> wrote:

>>> But need more volunteers - anyone up for it? Post what you like really to
>> reflect your life as a webbie for a week.
>>
>> I suspect you'll get more interest on doing this from thelist; how many of us
>> running what's left of evolt are actually still 100% engaged in the web design
>> and development industry?  I know I'm not (some occasional
>> personal+professional PHP dabbling aside).
>
> *raises hand* (as someone who still does web dev)
>
> I like the idea and I like going to thelist for participants. I also think that some marketing of the account in advance of launching it might be good (give it a few weeks of heads-up? Maybe get some press?)...

Yes, definitely agree with going to thelist. Would like to get a few well known ppl as (a) trusty beta testers (I don't know how the handing access out/back works) (b) setting the bar (c) PR fodder :-)

Surprisingly, I've been back on web projects since March; current gig is a web-based internal application, and will be fulltime on it until end of the year for sure. I may not be hands-on with code any more, but it's definitely working in the field.