[theforum] Fwd: Browser archive contributions

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.org
Mon May 21 15:13:09 UTC 2018

Email from a browser donor :-)

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Brian Wilson <retail at blooberry.com>
Date: Sun, May 20, 2018 at 2:45 PM
Subject: Browser archive contributions
To: <give at evolt.org>

Hi,

I used to create/maintain a resource about HTML/CSS called "Index DOT
Html/Css" (http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot). It was a great reference
used by many for a number of years, but it has since fallen by the wayside
(browser developers became waaaay too ambitious to keep up with :) )

So, as part of creating that site I had grabbed numerous versions of the
various web browsers I was covering (alphas, betas, point releases and
more). I have them all archived, and I was going to finally throw them out
during a big spring cleaning I'm doing right now. In the back of my mind I
remembered your browser archive, so I thought I'd 1) see if you are still a
going concern, and 2) see if you might be interested in any of these
versions. I probably have 50-100 browser versions from the early WWW days.
I have no idea if what I have fills in any of your blanks or if you would
want any of what I have. In any case, I thought I'd put the question out
there to gauge interest first before moving forward.

Note: on browsers.evolt.org, you have the following:

Browser submissions should be sent in the form of a URL using our contact
form <http://evolt.org/contact/>, so that evolt.org staff can download the
software into the master archive.

This leads to a 404. I'm not sure if this give at evolt.org address is the
proper alternate route.

Thanks, and I hope you (all) and your site are doing well,

Brian Wilson