[thesite] some constructive criticism

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 15 14:12:45 CST 2000

> From: McCreath_David <McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us>
>
> >The argument about using Javascript for dropdown boxes and how it
> >increases usability is something i'd tend to disagree with,
> >but there are a cuople good points in there..
>
> I agree on the Javascript thing. They're both common enough, but I agree
> with the comment later on down the page that the "launch on select" approach
> can be annoying. Personally, I think you choose one or the other and stick
> with it. I say with stick with our "Go" button.

my own research, as well as personal experience, indicates that a
reload on select is a bad thing... users often mis-select... i've found
that requiring the use of a 'go' button helps ensure minimal errors,
while still reinforcing the function of a form element (despite the fact
that it's being used incorrectly)...