[thesite] Body edit textarea - not always escaping chars

Oliver Lineham oliver at lineham.co.nz
Sun Dec 17 00:55:01 CST 2000

On the article editor, the content in the "body" textarea isn't (IMO) being
escaped properly.  The result is IE5.5 sometimes shows tags, sometimes
doesn't (haven't tried other browsers).

Example that works right:
http://www.evolt.org/article/evolt.org?action=edit&tid=20&aid=4142
(The Tao of Testing) - I can see all the tags, <p>'s etc in the body

Example that doesn't work right:
http://www.evolt.org/article/evolt.org?action=edit&tid=25&aid=4112
(P3P Project) - I can see a few tags like the <a> and <blockquote>s, but
the <p>'s have been interpreted by the browser and I can't see or edit them.

</ol>

     v i b e   m e d i a    http://www.vibe.co.nz/
  po box 10-492              wellington, new zealand
  phone +64 21 210-7845         oliver at lineham.co.nz