[thesite] the black tab

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 18 11:55:33 CST 2000

> From: rudy <Rudy_Limeback at maritimelife.ca>
>
> >> i wonder if we can work this into
> >> the black tab on the new design....
> >
> > heh... yeah, we can do that... it'll hafta shrink, though...
>
> maybe we could slightly redesign the black tab so that the logo is not
> intrinsically part of it but rather occupies a (rectangular) place within
> a table cell...

isn't Black Tab a patrick swayze movie?

> e.g. http://rudy.ca/blacktab.html

some responses... of course, we have to assume that *any* of us
is willing to gut and rebuild the entire blacktabnavthingie
considering all the hassle i went through forever ago, and mccreath
went through getting it all kosher... this may sound simple to you,
but under the current circumstances, it makes me wince...

as for your suggestions, well, they look too damn big to me... the
tab is too wide, and the logo is pushed down and in too far... as if
the tab only came about because we couldn't fit the logo... and the
buttons look off-balance in the center...

but that's just my opinion...

> no offence, isaac, but the current tab looks too "squeezed" in the tab
> area

some of that is my doing, as well... the logo was smaller, but i
wanted to enlarge it a bit to make cleaner aliased-edge squares...