[thesite] [BUG] The timestamp on comments ...

Elfur Logadottir elfur at lists.evolt.org
Mon Dec 18 16:45:27 CST 2000

From: "jeff" <jeff at members.evolt.org>

| :~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| : From: aardvark
| :
| : as far as i know, the date is assigned by the
| : server, not the client... given that, the client's
| : time zone shouldn't matter at all...
| :~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
|
| this is correct.

but still, Taylor's comment is displaying the wrong date,
since it was posted after aardvark's comment and after
martin's comments and those were posted 12-17-2000 at 4:12
AM and 9:46 AM while Taylor's is getting 1:54 AM on the
17th.

His is either supposed to be at 1:54 PM _or_ 1:54 AM on the
18th.

I know that the date is assigned by the server, what I'm
wondering is whether for some strange reason the client date
is affecting it (without being supposed to ...)

| :~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| : also, if you check the comment at evolt.org, you'll
| : notice the top comment is out of order, but has a
| : later time-stamp than the other two...
| :
| : my guess is that it's an error in the sort from the
| : SQL query...
| :~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<snipped the sql>

| looks good to me.  seems odd.  it's obviously getting the
right times and in
| the right order.  for whatever reason the data is going in
with different
| times.

Can see if the comment from Taylor has a different date/time
in the db or if this is the date/time that is stored there.
Humour me - please.

as I said before, this has happened to me, and the scenario
was, on test.evolt.org I posted around 1 AM GMT, and the
server caught the day before as the date.

again: I know it's not supposed to, but are you _sure_ that
it isn't all the same.

(anyways, it's only 1hr 15min 'til the clock changes, and
we'll be able to test my theory ...)

*the persistent one rests*