[thesite] new category suggestion on submission page

David McCreath mccreath at ak.net
Sun Nov 26 15:46:50 CST 2000

Hi ho --

At the bottom of the submission page is this block of text:

"You can use simple HTML in your article. <a href>, <b> <P>, etc will all
work.

Or would you like to suggest a new category for this article?

All submitted articles are reviewed by our editorial staff, and we reserve
the right not to post objectionable content."

First, should that say "suggest a new *topic*" instead?

Second, would it make more sense for that to be directly below the pull down
for the topics?

Third, should we instead provide an "Other" option in the menu and a text
field for the suggestion? That could lead to too many suggestions, but it's
an idea. We could still reserve the right to put the article under an
existing topic.

Dave