[thesite] last 5 query

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 26 21:11:24 CST 2000

> From: Dean Mah <dsmah at home.com>
>
> I tend to stay away from triggers.  I like to try to separate the
> business logic, database layer, and the presentation layer.  Mixing
> them usually makes debugging the application more difficult.

i completely agree with this... no question it's the right approach...
however...

> However, if you want to implement something like this, it would be
> relatively simple.  You could write a PL/SQL or Java stored procedure
> to handle it.

i think a stored procedure in the database, while blurring the n-tier
separation, is probably a good idea... i wish i could justify this
more than the ramblings of an armchair database observer, but i'd
rather see a stored procedure (which sits right in the db, right?)
than a lot of CF (which needs to be parsed and all)...

just a thought... take it or leave it...