[thesite] AvantGo version of thesite

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Thu Apr 12 18:05:05 CDT 2001

martin,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: martin at members.evolt.org
:
: Just wanted to say - fantastic job when
: you hit http://evolt.org with a Palm.
: It de-tableises beautifully. Logo is
: lovely in 16 greys.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thanks, alittle help from damclean and i was able to put avantgo version
together in a few hours.  it still needs an avantgo version of the user page
though.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: Is this redirecting to a PDA specific
: version of the site?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

no, actually it's detecting the palm user-agent and just using a different
html wrapper around the content.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: one suggestion - could we drop the logo
: size a bit? It looks a bit wierd filling
: up the screen on a 160px resolution.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sure, we can drop the logo size.  it's just that size right now cause i
haven't put in a better one.  i can also serve up a different logo for each
bit depth that visits.

adrian, can you talk with martin about the bit depth requirements as well as
optimal size?  as soon as i have those logos and the bit depths they apply
to i'll make the necessary changes to the avantgo layout.

thanks,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development