[thesite] AvantGo version of thesite

Matthew Haughey matt at haughey.com
Fri Apr 13 00:31:10 CDT 2001

Thursday, April 12, 2001, 10:20:18 PM, aardvark wrote:
> martin, lemme know your requirements, and i'll make a batch...

I built a wireless version of blogger last fall when I was still at pyra,
and IIRC, the max image width according to the avantgo docs was ~153px, and
I seem to remember only two greys (actually a full "black" and a medium
light gray), if you check out this URL:

http://wireless.blogger.com/

grab the top and bottom images, and check the colors in photoshop, I think
I had to use a non-websafe gray to prevent dithering on the palm (it might
have been #AAAAAA for that gray, or maybe it's #CCCCCC).

I also built a Palm VII version of the site, and I definitely remember having to
produce non-websafe grays for one of those apps. I can't remember if it
was the palm VII or avantgo one though. That wireless.blogger site
though, is definitely made specifically for the avantgo browser, so
whatever you find there should mesh with the docs.

Matt

Matt Haughey   matt at haughey.com
http://a.wholelottanothing.org/
http://www.metafilter.com/