[thesite] codefest

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 7 15:05:53 CDT 2001

> From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at starkmedia.com>
[...]
> yup. the bonus this year is i dont live 1.5 hours from the
> airport/train station. milwaukee(where i'm at now) is 1 hour north of
> chicago(cheap flights) and we have an amtrak station if the leisurely
> route is more your game.

mmm... buffalo to chicago... cheap...

too long to drive, though, for a weekender...

> all are invited, i'll probably just get rooms for everyone. laptops
> are recommened but not required in case you like your own software
> configs.

floors in apartments are good... i travel with my own towel... and i
have a happily underpowered laptop, too...

> cold fusion also isnt'a requirment, in fact our biggest problem last
> year was lack of jeff, rudy or I knowing enough HTML/CSS

i'm down with that, although i'm much more removed from the code
than i was...

> we'd actually do the work here at the office though cus theres plenty
> of room for people, its on the same network as evolt, and we have a
> decent sized fridge for beer. :)

did someone say Unreal Tournament or Quake3 LAN party?