[thesite] user power cubes..

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Aug 8 20:53:31 CDT 2001

> http://members.evolt.org/mccreath/evolt/cubes/evoltratingcube2.gif

i understand your reluctance to fuck with the logo (but hey, you have my
permission ;)), but my only real problem with dan's example is that the logo
is too tall to site nicely next to the username.

there will have to be differentiation between the author rating and the
article rating.

i don't think single cubes will be as effective, or sgd's suggestion of 9
individual steps (although if including a blank logo, it gives us a scale of
10 which is neat).

my preferred option would be blank logo, red filled, green filled, blue
filled, silver, gold, or something like that. with some effort surely we can
pull off the silver/gold. perhaps if we render it in a proper 3d app with a
chrome effect?

the most important issue i think is the article/author rating split. to
accomplish this, i think we need to drop:

"Author: djc"

and have a right-aligned box next to the first paragraph detailing the name
of the author, how many other articles they've written, average rating,
number of comments made, and shit like that.

i've uploaded an image demonstrating this here:
http://members.evolt.org/~isaac/evolt/author.gif

unfortunately, only half of it appears to be showing. i've tried reuploading
it, but it's still fucked. this is happening to nearly every other image
i've uploaded to my members.evolt account. anyone else having the same
problem?

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au