[thesite] comments question

mccreath mccreath at ak.net
Sat Aug 11 20:49:58 CDT 2001

I was looking at the source of an article on w.e.o. today and noticed in the
"New Comments" section of the sidebar, the title of the comment is
surrounded with a span that is give a title attribute with the entire text
of a comment is inserted in it. Like this:

<li>
    Title of Comment
class="sidebar">
    Article Title
  </a><br>
    mm/dd/yyyy 00:00 AM<br>
</li>

Is this the intended behavior? That seems like an awful lot of extraneous
data to shove down every single page, especially if you look right now.
There are five multi-line comments on in the sidebar right now, effectively
doubling the content of some pages.

Can we change that somehow? I would say nuke it altogether, but would be
okay with the first 50 or so characters.

David