[thesite] comments question

mccreath mccreath at ak.net
Sat Aug 11 21:25:45 CDT 2001

> From: aardvark
>
> > From: "mccreath" <mccreath at ak.net>
> >
> > I was looking at the source of an article on w.e.o. today and noticed
> > in the "New Comments" section of the sidebar, the title of the comment
>
> um, i believe that's only available in admin view... which isn't a
> whole lotta people...

If it is only in admin view, then no, it's not a lot of people. I just can't
remember if that particular item is only in admin view. I know it's not
available without logging in, but I wasn't sure about member view.

> > Is this the intended behavior? That seems like an awful lot of
>
> yes.

Okay.

> i rather like it... it's a hella lot faster on my home modem to get just
> one page and read all the new comments than having to load every
> article to read stuff that's not always interesting to me...

Can you actually read the entire comment in the time that it displays as a
title? I'm asking informationally. I can't read the ones up there now.

> IOW, it's a bigger initial hit, but saves clicks and full page
> downloads after that...

It makes me no nevermind either way. I'm on cable at home and a T-1 at work,
so I never even noticed it until today. If folks are using it, then rock on.

Just caught my eye is all.

David