[thesite] Hello!

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Wed Aug 15 17:32:55 CDT 2001

At 09:02 AM 08/15/2001, you wrote:
>Hi!  Just wanted to drop a line and say hello to everyone.  I've seen
>about a days worth of discussion so far and I like what I see.  I'm
>looking forward to participating!
>
>matt

Hi, matt,

I've been lurking just since Monday, so we're both newbies here. :-) I look
forward to participating, too, and for now I'm just lurking in the
background to learn more about what's going on.

I was prompted to join by Daniel Cody after I wrote him a note to thelist
about evolt's open source code. <hat tip to Daniel> I didn't realize this
list existed (yeah, I know, it's listed at evolt..... <chuckle>). Seems
like a great way to go to communicate about the site behind the scenes.

My own contributions and participation would definitely be more in terms of
design, graphics, layout, navigation, information architecture, usability,
accessibility, search engine friendly stuff, and not at all to the
programming behind it all -- programming isn't my expertise at all, but I'm
also fascinated by it. (It all seems so magical to me when it works well,
and I have tremendous respect for those who can make all this happen!) And
my own philosophy is that we can create the best sites when we can work
together to integrate all these aspects of what goes into a site. Having at
least some kind of understanding about what each other does is very helpful
to me.

Seems like a terrific group here, and I'm glad to be here. I wave hello to
everyone! I recognize a few names, and there also new names to me, too.
Thanks again to Daniel! And big hi to Rudy, too!

Warmly,
Shirley

--
Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.