[thesite] new category proposal: web business

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Fri Aug 24 23:15:34 CDT 2001

Ewwwwww... that's dirty.

Not to mention we'd have to reassign the comments and ratings to the new
article id.

I'd say don't change an article's category after it has been approved (or
slightly after it's been approved but in enough time that it wouldn't be
linked). i don't really want to be setting a precedent that results in 10
"this article has been moved" articles. It fucks with the article count,
plus that message will still show up in the article listing for the
current/old category.

Personally, I'd like to see the 404 "article not found" script expanded to
search the db for the article id alone and rebuild a new link, similar to
what used to happen (and maybe still does) when an old-style URL is
visited. Actually, i think they just redirect now. We could do that too.

thoughts?

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com

On Aug 24, Michele Foster had something to say about Re: [thesite] new...