[thesite] Re: [dasite] the evolt database

Martin martin at members.evolt.org
Sat Aug 25 15:19:30 CDT 2001

rudy wrote on 25/8/01 6:16 pm

>>Hey Rude - what are the criteria for such changes being accepted and
>>promoted to production, and for timing (milestones are probably fine,
>>rather than specific elapsed times)?
>
>you mean, is there a process for this?  ;o)

Yup

But my point is "OK, those are valid questions which might
recur regularly for changes - can we avoid them being asked
in the future?"

How can we arrange it so that in the future, no-one's left in
the dark wondering "When's my change going up? *Is* my
change going up? What do I need to do to get it to a state where it
will go up?"

>i don't think i've ever promoted a database change yet

So what happens now?

>this would be a good time to write up something

Yup. Document when you hit something which might need
it.

>from whom would the trigger come?
>who would need to approve it?

Good questions...

>i'm not trying to be difficult

...and you're not being difficult

>-- let's use matt's change to feo to nail
>this process and get started on doing things right

+1

Cheers
Martin

email: martin at easyweb.co.uk             PGP ID: 0xA835CCCB
       martin at members.evolt.org      snailmail: 30 Shandon Place
  tel: +44 (0)774 063 9985                      Edinburgh,
  url: http://www.easyweb.co.uk                 Scotland