[thesite] timezones

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Mon Aug 27 11:16:46 CDT 2001

> to_char(replies.datemod, 'mm/dd/yyyy HH:mi:ss') datemod,
>
> is it that we're turning the date into a character string there?

yeah, that format string is the problem, it do need fix0ring

> ... because in the DB, matt's comment does have a
> timestamp of 4:40:39 PM yesterday

it took me over an hour to figure out how to display an
oracle datetime, my dialup host is down right now
(mail is okay, and if i know the ip number of the site,
so i think it's their dns server that's down)...so i had to
go upstairs and kick my kids off the other computer...
then i had to remember my oracle technet username...

so, sorry for the delay

(o;

anyhow, you have a choice, you can use either

   to_char(replies.datemod, 'mm/dd/yyyy HH24:mi:ss')

or

  to_char(replies.datemod, 'mm/dd/yyyy HH:mi:ss AM')

is this a good time to think about displaying dates in
GMT rather than north american central time zone?

i'm going back upstairs to do a bit of oracle GMT research,
in the meantime i thought i'd send this off...

rudinski