[thesite] hosting listings on d.e.o.

David McCreath mccreath at ak.net
Wed Aug 29 20:07:50 CDT 2001

> From: rudy
>
> > Sounds like the evolt CMS. Could that be used as *part* of a site?
>
> it sure could
>
> you would want to use the same table and column names
> wherever possible
>
> this would be real easy if the CREATE TABLE statements just
> happened to be lying around where you could cut&paste them quickly...

If only ... ahhhh ... ;)

> >...  are you talking about storing the data in its MySQL
> tables  or in
> >the content table (can't remember the correct name  right now) of
> >w.e.o.?
>
> ratings are stored in the RATINGS table

Right. Now I remember. So moving the evolt ratings model over to d.e.o.,
the host ratings go in their own table, tied to the record id of the
hosts entry in d.e.o.'s subcategory table (assuming that hosting is a
subcategory of Resources). What about comments? Are those in their own
table on w.e.o.? To me a numerical rating is not very useful without a
reason for that rating.

> looks like i better hurry up with that diagram
>
> rudi

That would be lovli

Davi