[thesite] hosting listings on d.e.o.

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Aug 29 21:14:50 CDT 2001

> Does this seem like something that would be useful?

host listing stuff? i don't know.

> 2) allow anyone to list hosts, and allow anyone to rate and comment them
>    pro: still not a bitch to implement, and even if hosts start listing
>         themselves, there is the control of the ratings and comments
>    con: could still create such a morass that it would become useless at
>         worst, no better than other such sites at best

this con would be my primary concern. there would be other host ranking
sites already, although i can understand the value placed in another
community member's opinion.

i wonder if we could exclude ratings, and just add a commenting feature to
DEO items.

although ratings would allow sorting, etc.

i also have concerns that with evolt membership being free, we're really not
stopping someone biased jumping in and rating competitors down, and their
own service up. could users see who has rated what?

things could work ok for a time as we stay under the radar, i guess.

maybe we'd be best just duplicating WEO and building HEO. but then where
does it stop? do we build more sites allowing users to rate WYSIWYG apps? or
copywriters?

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au