[thesite] Evolt Images [Was re: ftp to the live site]

javier velasco (mantruc) lists at mantruc.com
Mon Dec 10 16:08:51 CST 2001

Olly Hodgson wrote:

> On a related note, I have put together a PSD (Photoshop 6) file based on the
> transparent logo images on...
> http://www.evolt.org/evolt_images/
>
> Everything is on separate layers, and it has a transparent background, so
> that I could set my own alias colour in PS's Save for Web dialog (for
> instance I use #6699CC on my site). Its on...
> http://members.evolt.org/gnarly/evolt_bits/small_evolt_logo.psd
> ..at present but I was wondering if it was worth adding it to the evolt
> image collection in its present PSD format? That way other people can set up
> their own alias colour using the Save for Web dialog - the current .gif
> images only provide for black and white do they not?

hi Olly, thanks for taking the effort.

i wasn't able to see the file you sent (i got PS 5.5 here) but in my experience,
making up transparent images out of small versions gives not very accurante
resutls (no matter how versed you are in Photoshop) and since..

aardvark wrote:
>psst...
>http://roselli.org/new_evolt/logos.asp

i'd suggest that we could publish the "logos_all_50.psd", (but i think we hadn't
published it before because it opens it up for too much manipulation)

NOTE:
i'm sorry for chiming into [thesite] like this, but i'm very sensible woth logos
today, since i just almost died when i saw that a logo i recently designed, was
completely fucked up when implemented on the guy's website, but he understood,
and he's working on the fix.

--
Javier Velasco
Information Architect