[thesite] An idea regarding article submissions

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Mon Dec 10 16:55:23 CST 2001

From: ".jeff" <jeff at members.evolt.org>

| the work for this feature is *very* light.  even if it's only used for an
| occasional special case then i think it's still worth it.

not to put you down jeff, but you sound you have a *lot* of time on your
hands these days :)

| in the case where the author is linking to external media (images,
| stylesheets, javascript files) we can help take care of those few
instances
| on a case-by-case basis until i can write the piece that will allow
authors
| to upload/maintain it themselves.

here's a suggestion for the case-by-case handling, until the
upload/maintain element gets published.

- shouldn't each author have their own members area (don't they anyways)
and a special '_evolt_articles' folder in there, where they post and link
to all their external data ... that way *we* control the linkrot thing ...
right, and all things are *almost* in one place?

- this is just until the upload your external files happen.

thanks
*the productive one*