[thesite] Addition to m.e.o. FAQ was ... [***list] m.e.o + dreamweaver question

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Mon Dec 10 23:49:43 CST 2001

Dan,

You might want to add this to the FAQ for meo accounts.  I can remember this
question coming up in the past .. and I personally remember spending a long
time trying to figure out why I couldn't get it to work properly .. I was
missing the "public_html" part .. never occurred to me I would need that.

Example:

<quote>
Can I use SSI's? And if so, how?
You betcha. Assuming your web page contains some SSI code in it, you simple
need to give it the .shtml extension so that Apache will recognize it as an
SSI page and parse it that way.
</quote>

Suggested change (note typo simple = simply)

<quote>
You betcha. Assuming your web page contains some SSI code in it, you simply
need to give it the .shtml extension so that Apache will recognize it as an
SSI page and parse it that way.  When using the <code>include virtual</code>
statement, the absolute file path is <code><!--#include
virtual="/public_html/your_directory/your_file.htm" --></code>; where
your_directory is optional and your_file.htm can have the appropriate
extension for your file type.
</quote>

Please verify this is correct .. ;)

Thanks,

Mich
(spent a good part of a few hours trying to get include virtual to work late
one night)