[thesite] CSS stupidity on the site?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 12 15:12:54 CST 2001

so i'm working on this gig here, and i needed all <a> elements in
one section of the page to get the same coloring without affecting
the others... and since that part of the page had a class, it was a
no brainer:

.PullQuote a:link	{ text-decoration : underline ;
				color : #ffff00 ; }

.PullQuote a:visited	{ text-decoration : underline ;
				color : #ffff00 ; }

and while walking to the men's room it hit me... why didn't i do this
for the evolt.org site? was i on crack?  is there a reason i didn't?
did/does *anybody* see why we couldn't or can't do this?

so, currently all elements in the sidebar on the evolt site are in a
container classed "side" and *every* <a> in there is classed
"sidebar"... that's a lot of hassle and code...

can we dump all those classes in the <a>s and update our CSS as
such?

.side a:link	{	text-decoration : none ;
			color : #333333 ; }

.side a:visited {	text-decoration : none ;
			color : #666666 ; }

.side a:hover	{	text-decoration : underline ;
			color : #000000 ; }

anybody see any issues with this before i invest time testing it?

if it works, we can float it to the "tabtextnav" and "title" <a>
classes... maybe...

...?