[thesite] Original Tip Harvester Display

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Fri Dec 14 11:25:06 CST 2001

+1 to what Josh says .. use the term [digest]

I really dislike that version .. it looks awful.  The new version is so much
better.

Unfortunately, I don't have time right now to read through the responses and
to get a feel for the comments and assess what the complaints are.  As far
as I'm concerned, all the work you've done on the tip harvester is awesome.
I still think many people may not even be aware of all the work that's been
done recently (i.e. not promoted, they looked once, and haven't been back).

I think there's some work that we can do to make the tip harvester more
useful.  There's a vast amount of information in there.

Let's discuss it more .. but not worry too much about improving it "today".
I think there's talk of incorporating the tips into the new design, this
needs to be considered as well.

One final thought .. it might be worthwhile to write up a short article for
Community News announcing the enhancements/features of the Tip Harvester.
Include things such as how it tries to match the tip author with a userid on
weo, the search functions available, the categorization of tips (i.e. what
the author used, and the canonical <sp??> category manually chosen), etc.
Then at the end of the article, you can suggest that any enhancements,
improvements, etc. can be posted in the comments.   Just a suggestion... it
might give us more valid data to work with, and also promote the tip
harvester and all the work that's gone into making it more useful than it
was a few months ago.

Michele