[thesite] a.e.o bug

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Tue Dec 18 17:41:45 CST 2001

On Dec 19, Madhu Menon had something to say about Re: [thesite] a.e.o bug

>At 02:44 AM 12/19/2001, Daniel J. Cody typed these words:
>>my solution: axe the 'Go' button. javascript is needed to automatically
>>use that drop box now :)
>
>-1
>
>The dropdown control was never meant to be used that way. Ditch the JS and
>go with the "Go" button.

*shrug*

So, it wasn't meant to be used that way. So what? I don't see a problem
with using it anyway we want. It's not like this is a public site. We know
exactly who our audience is (like 25 people).

Clicking the go button is an extra pain in the arse.

<insert stuff about how, even though it wasn't intended to be used that
way, it's used that way all over the place and users are used to
it... maybe even expect it>

Personally, I like the javascript and think we should axe the delay. But,
it really doesn't matter. Either way is ok with me. I just don't see your
point and it hit me as just one of those things one is 'supposed' to say.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com