[thesite] Fw: [***list] Re Welcome To "thelist"!

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Wed Dec 26 23:12:50 CST 2001

Not too sure why this person forwarded a copy of this message to thelist ..
but since he/she did .. let's make a few changes .. since it appears to me
to be rather "old".

Mich

| >joining the evolt.org mailing lists. Send a message to the list at
| >thelist at lists.evolt.org - make sure your messages are formatted in
| >*plain text*!! HTML formatted messages, attachments in messages, or
| >any other wacky formatting will get held for approval. Thanks!
| >
| >Phase one of this project is our mailing list where you can ask
| >questions of and engage in friendly disagreements with fellow Web
| >workers about anything Web related. This could be anything from how to
| >set up a Web server to making an array in JavaScript and basically
| >whatever else is keeping you awake at night.

"Phase one of this project ..."

Not sure this is required anymore .. I think we've graduated to Phase 4?  ;)

| >Be sure to check out http://lists.evolt.org for all the latest info.
| >
| >To post to this list, send your email to:
| >
| >  thelist at lists.evolt.org
| >
| >General information about the mailing list is at:

| >If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to
| >or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your
| >subscription page at:
| >
| >  http://lists.evolt.org/mailman/options/thelist/jdcrz@etang.com

Does this work with the email address appended like that?

| >You can also make such adjustments via email by sending a message to:
| >
| >  thelist-request at lists.evolt.org
| >
| >with the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include the
| >quotes), and you will get back a message with instructions.

Really?  This I definitely didn't know .. Dan ?

| >You must know your password to change your options (including changing
| >the password, itself) or to unsubscribe.  It is:
| >
| >  ***** [Mich blocked out]
| >
| >If you forget your password, don't worry, you will receive a monthly
| >reminder telling you what all your lists.evolt.org mailing list
| >passwords are, and how to unsubscribe or change your options.

This has been turned off for thelist, thesite and theforum as well .. I'm
not too sure about thechat.  This should be deleted??  Or is this a
"trigger" option, one which I "personally" have turned off?

There
| >is also a button on your options page that will email your current
| >password to you.

Ummm.. not a "button" .. but one can fill out their email address on the
options page and their password will be sent to them.

| >You may also have your password mailed to you automatically off of the
| >Web page noted above.

hmm.. which is what this says .. I've no clue what a "button" is above then.
;)

Mich