[thesite] need a hand..

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Mon Feb 12 20:35:30 CST 2001

aardvark wrote:

> i suspect you know the 'terms of service' is 404...

http://members.evolt.org/tos.cfm is? I'm not seeing it.. anyone else?
Where'd it 404 from? the link on the front page?

> hey, you got <label>s on everything... coolio...

thought you'd like that :)

its pretty much ripped from the user signup page on w.e.o

> ok, the error page for when i leave stuff out sucks... redraw the
> page?  highlight fields that are missing info? use an inline style...
> or something...

ya, i'll get to that.. icing on the cake though.

> there are a couple lines at the bottom of the page... about 10px
> below the left edge of the 'Register Me' button is a ~5px x 1px
> black line... down and to the left is another... IE5/win98...

noticed those too.. thought it was mozilla.. any idea what it is?

> does this tie in with the member db at all?

manually for now.. when a person signs up, i check to see if they have a user account on evolt
.. hopefully more than a couple days old. if they do, i add them to the
user table and to the linux box itself..

when i can get some more time to work on it, it will all be automated
hopefully

> am i really waiting for a db?

? Oracle? I'm haggling with a PR guy at oracle to send me one of their
applicances for evolt.. being a non-profit has its fucking benefits :)

.djc.