[thesite] New styles to look at

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 25 10:08:19 CST 2001

> From: martin burns <martin at members.evolt.org>
>
> At 22:58 24/02/01, aardvark wrote:
> > >From: "mccreath" <mccreath at ak.net>
> >[...]
> > > http://members.evolt.org/mccreath/evolt/
> >
> >i like the indented versions... not the italicized... just as the
> >size tells you the relative level, so does the indentation... the
> >italics, OTOH, don't offer that visual cue... they're just italic...
> >but not more or less than anything, or stepped in any way...
>
> I like these too, but... any para text following an indented title
> *also* has to be indented, otherwise it'll look silly.

i don't buy that... why does it *have* to be indented?  i've certainly
seen cases where headers are indented in print... it's nothing new,
and i don't think it will confuse people... and indenting the entire
paragraph brings all sorts of other unnecessary baggage with it...

> And if para text is indented, then we'll have to differentiate it from
> blockquote (like making blockquote italic, which is standard print way
> of doing things)

only if we indent, and i think that's a very good reason why we
wouldn't indent the paragraph...