[thesite] New styles to look at

mccreath mccreath at ak.net
Sun Feb 25 12:12:49 CST 2001

> From: martin burns
>
> At 22:58 24/02/01, aardvark wrote:
> > >From: "mccreath" <mccreath at ak.net>
> >[...]
> > > http://members.evolt.org/mccreath/evolt/
> >
> >i like the indented versions... not the italicized... just as the size
> >tells you the relative level, so does the indentation... the italics,
> >OTOH, don't offer that visual cue... they're just italic... but not more
> >or less than anything, or stepped in any way...
>
> I like these too, but... any para text following an indented title
> *also* has to be indented, otherwise it'll look silly.
>
> And if para text is indented, then we'll have to differentiate it
> from blockquote (like making blockquote italic, which is standard
> print way of doing things)

Nah. It's not unheard of to indent low-level headers in print. It's a little
unusual, but I think it's our best option here. Besides, indenting  the
paragraphs under a 5 and 6 would be terribly confusing for the reader.

I think it's going to be pretty much a non-issue, because how often have we
had people use 5 and 6?

David