[thesite] need another template..

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Tue Feb 27 22:24:22 CST 2001

djc & mccreath,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Daniel J. Cody
:
: > (http://members.evolt.org/mccreath/evolt/archivemessage.html)
:
: heya.. man that looks kinda crowded especially
: at the top..
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

only kinda though.  i really like what's being done with it.  i'd suggest
dropping the l.e.o link in the breadcrumb trail and/or making some of the
other items shorter.

i really like the layout of the rest of it though.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: for sure we should ditch the sidebar, cus
: everything is gonna be wrapped ina  <pre>
: tag. i'd like to ditch it, but there are
: too many things that dropping it may break..
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i'd like to see us try to keep that sidebar for now.  let's ditch it as a
last resort.

what we really need is a custom tag that will parse a message, breaking it
into 70 character lines or less depending on where it finds a space
(chr(32)).

another solution might be to use a really big textarea like we use for code
snippets on thesite and include a link to target the message into a new
window with zero formatting around it for those that wanna just read it.
holler if you wanna go this route i've already got the solution for that in
my head.

another thing too, the font size can probably be safely brought down a size
as well.  that will make the lines less likely to break the design except on
the most narrow of resolutions.

just my 2c,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden