[thesite] need another template..

mccreath mccreath at ak.net
Tue Feb 27 22:35:38 CST 2001

> From: Daniel J. Cody
>
> heya.. man that looks kinda crowded especially at the top..

Yeah it does, but it might just be because of the <h1> tags on the message
title, and the spacing of the archive nav stuff. Depending on how flexible
the scripting is that builds the page, we can change all that substantially.
I just pasted a real post into the content area. It's pretty funky looking.

> for sure we should ditch the sidebar, cus everything is gonna be
> wrapped ina  <pre> tag. i'd like to ditch it, but there are too many
> things that dropping it may break..

Frankly, I think we can drop the sidebar on the archive *posts*. This may
help on the tips, too, at least in the short term. If we drop the side bar
and play with some colspans on the table, we can probably get the entire
message into the content area. Like this:

<blacktabnavbarthingie />
--------------------------------------
| thelist | archive                  |
--------------------------------------
| bread > crumb > trail              |
| * archive nav                      |
| * bulleted list                    |
|                                    |
| MESSAGE TITLE                      |
| Message                            |
| *******                            |
--------------------------------------
<footer />

What kind of options to we have for formatting the stuff that comes out of
MG? How are you formatting it? CF? Perl? Knowing how much flexibility we
have with the design will help guide some of these decisions.

> not that i'm being critical or anything, i appreciate you doing this
> more than you know :)

Not taken as such. I just wanted to get something up there that we could
start talking about.

> lemme know what you think

mmmkay...

David