[thesite] need another template..

mccreath mccreath at ak.net
Wed Feb 28 10:33:08 CST 2001

Hi, Seth --

> From: Seth Bienek
>
> I've written some CF custom tags that will parse MG email into query
> results, we can parse each part of the email into it's own field.

Cool. So is there a list of "parts" for each message? Like 'date', 'title',
'author', that kind of stuff?

> BTW, can anyone tell me why we're using <pre> to format the email
> text?  Why not convert it to html?

Well, the reason that my example is in <pre> tags is because I wasn't sure
what we might be capable of or how much trouble we wanted to go to for
formatting.

This is what the same page looks like without the <pre> tags:

http://members.evolt.org/mccreath/evolt/archivemessage2.html

So if we're going to parse the message and *not* encase it <pre> tags, we
need to be able to separate the different parts of the message. Probably not
impossible, but beyond my capabilities atm.

David