[thesite] need another template..

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Wed Feb 28 10:41:23 CST 2001

Seth Bienek wrote:

> I've written some CF custom tags that will parse MG email into query
> results, we can parse each part of the email into it's own field.

thats kind of an intermediate step it seems to me.. gosh i sound like an asshole lately. ;)

right now we have static pages. our ideal archive would have pages built from the
DB.. i think it might be a better idea to concenrate on the ideal solution rather
than an intermediate one.. the reason I'm doing this is just to wrap our current
archive in some evolt l&f for people that come in via search engines..

People are going to come in via cached search results for a long time to come, and
i'd just like to make sure they're getting something nice on the way in..

> BTW, can anyone tell me why we're using <pre> to format the email text?  Why
> not convert it to html?

idealy, ;) we wont

.djc.