[thesite] one more attempt at a template

McCreath_David McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us
Wed Feb 28 20:40:10 CST 2001

Dan, rudy, Seth, jeff, aardvark (anyone else interested) --

I took a minute and redid the template based on some things that I inferred
from the conversation earlier today.

http://members.evolt.org/mccreath/evolt/archivemessage4.html

Basically, this would require altering Dan's current Python script to do
three things differently:

1) Put the message title in <h2> tags instead of <h1> (the "thelist |
archives" box is now the <h1> tag for the page)

2) Insert a <br> at every line break

3) Drop the <pre> tags

This would preserve the reply/original structure of each message, but put it
into a fluid format.

I also dropped the last item (view by subject, thread, etc.) from the
navigation bullet list that's currently on every message. Since we have the
breadcrumb trail at the top of each message, it's easy to get back to the
weekly index and resort there.

This is of course, a *way* interim solution. Just another idea.

David