[thesite] index.html vs index.cfm vs evolt.org

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Thu Jan 4 17:07:09 CST 2001

i know theres been some talk about the pseudo file name we're using on
all our pages(currently foo/blah/evolt.org), can i suggest either we
change this right *now* or leave it forever?

if we're thinking about changing, there are people out there right now
who are linking to us using the evolt.org filename.

i know that we can change it at any time, and it will still work, but
its serioulsy confusing people me thinks.

i had two co-workers who are both web and CF savvy bitch about links on
our site not working(it got linked to from somewhere else without the
file extension).. and then argue with eachother about which extension
should go on the end. its not getting my ass in gear here because it was
people i work with either. i can just see this happening with X^2 of
other people as well. if we make it to fucked up to use, no one is going
to use it anymore.

although we can think of foo/blah/evolt.org and foo/blah/index.cfm as
the same page and think it doesn't matter, we cant and shouldnt assume
that everyeone else thinks the same.

at any rate, i could go on about this for a couple more hours, but
hopefully i dont have too..

thx..

.djc.

--