[thesite] index.html vs index.cfm vs evolt.org

Jacob Stetser lists at icongarden.com
Thu Jan 4 17:54:09 CST 2001

I think we really should change it. It might have seemed cool to end
in evolt.org, but I'd much rather see something like an ending / (no
file name) or index.cfm or index.htm.

I've developed systems where the name of the article (up to a point)
is encoded in the filename (i.e.,
/mysite/bigcoolstuff/1A/23/this_is_about_pet_dogs_and_ca.html) -- the
file name doesn't really matter in that scheme (1A/23 = actual
pertinent information) but the search engines eat it up.

Guess I put in my cents too late for the SSURL scheme, but I would
like to see something a little more mundane.

Jake

--
<icongarden at icongarden.com>

Appreciation is a wonderful thing; it makes what is excellent in others
belong to us as well. -Voltaire, philosopher, historian, satirist,
dramatist, and essayist (1694-1778)