[thesite] date format on thesite

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Tue Jan 16 19:57:31 CST 2001

david,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: McCreath_David
:
: Is it just me or does the date format change
: now and again on thesite?  Currently it's
: showing up as dd-Mmm-yyyy, which wraps. But
: sometimes it also shows up as mm/dd/yyyy,
: which doesn't wrap.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there are a couple of reasons for this and i'll need your help spotting the
problem areas so they can be fixed.  the dd-mmm-yyyy format is the default
for dateformat() which means that whenever that bit got coded the mask
wasn't included.  i can fix these as i know about them, which will tie into
something i'm doing with dateformat() at a later point.  to a lesser extent,
we could be having the same issue with timeformat() as well and those will
need to be fixed too.

just make a note of wherever you see the oddball date or time formats and
i'll fix them.

thanks,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden