[thesite] RE: [Admin] alternate color schemes

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Sat Jan 20 21:27:35 CST 2001

david,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: mccreath
:
: > can we have an option in the user-defined styles
: > thing to have a bunch of favourite themes, one of
: > which gets randomly selected at session start?
: > otherwise i'm going to be forever switching mine.
:
: That's an interesting idea, but the way I understand
: it, it would only work after logging in.  Right now,
: the site loads with the default and doesn't switch to
: a custom style until the post-log-in reload.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

that is correct, otherwise we get too many database hits for those people
that aren't logged in (it has to re-query for every page hit, which is a bad
thing).  however, once you're logged in we could set it up so you could pick
some favorites and flag certain ones as ones to pick from when creating your
session and the color scheme for that session.

rudy, wanna take a look at the necessary changes to the architecture to
support this idea?  i certainly think it's worth the extra effort.

thanks,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development