[thesite] alternate color schemes

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Sat Jan 20 22:38:31 CST 2001

> slidey things?  i'm assuming you're talking about for
> choosing colors or something

exactamundo

we have a few elements that need colour values -- page background, table
cell background, right side nav bar background, font colours, etc.

we need a user-friendly way to let the user pick a colour for each of these
elements

i thought "slidey" controls would be the best -- similar to the one used in
netscape's color picker

  Color Picker 2.0

http://home.netscape.com/computing/webbuilding/studio/feature19981111-5.htm

(watch for wrap, the url ends with "html")

scroll down and click on Open Color Picker 2.0

we'd need one control for each scheme element that uses an rgb code -- how
many colour elements do we gots, anyway?

on second thought, maybe we need just one slidey control, with a dropdown
that is populated from the ELEMENT table, selecting all the elements that
can take a colour value, and then let the user use the slidey control to
tweak elements one at a time -- does this make sense?