[thesite] Re: [Admin] alternate color schemes

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Sat Jan 20 22:47:31 CST 2001

rudy,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: rudy
:
: so all we need is another column
:
:    FAV   NUMBER(1)
:
: then upon login, the query just chooses
: the user's scheme for the session by picking
: one at random from all the ones where FAV=1
:
: that way, if i have one that i consistently
: want to see, i would only have one marked as
: a favourite (cool, eh?)
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

makes perfect sense to me . . . with one exception.

that would be fantastic if i'm the author of all my favorite schemes.  how
do you propose that i, as a user, could select on of isaac's schemes as my
favorite?

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: i leave it as an exercise for you Usability students
: to decide how to arrange things so that something
: intelligent happens if a user defines a bunch of
: schemes but designates them all with FAV=0
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

one must select at least one favorite.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: > rudy, wanna take a look at the necessary
: > changes to the architecture to support\
: > this idea?  i certainly think it's worth
: > the extra effort.
:
: no problem, i just did   ;o)
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

you were close (unless i totally misunderstood something).

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: however, we are currently showing a static
: html home page, nicht wahr?

nope.  it's dynamic and has been since the move to v2.0.

thanks,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development