[thesite] date format on thesite

Oliver Lineham oliver at lineham.co.nz
Sat Jan 20 23:18:31 CST 2001

At 16:32 16/01/2001 -0800, you wrote:

>: Is it just me or does the date format change
>: now and again on thesite?  Currently it's
>: showing up as dd-Mmm-yyyy, which wraps. But
>: sometimes it also shows up as mm/dd/yyyy,
>: which doesn't wrap.
[..]
>just make a note of wherever you see the oddball date or time formats and
>i'll fix them.

i'm 5 days late on this thread, so i deserve to be ignored.

most places outside of north america, as far as i am aware, use
dd/mm/yyyy.  the mm/dd/yyyy format now used throughout the site is
completely ambiguous.

i would've hoped we could use a format that is more international - either
by spelling the month or using yyyy-mm-dd

</ol>