[thesite] new l.e.o look..

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Tue Jan 30 14:31:39 CST 2001

jeff wrote:

> i might be inclined to put a blockquote around the actual tip to indent it
> alittle and make the <tip> tags stand out a touch more.  then again, if
> you're just pulling a flat file and that flat file has all the stuff in it,
> then that'd be alittle more difficult.

the whole template is wrapped in a <pre> tag, so ya it would be a bitch
to wrap a blockquote around them all.. this is only temporary till we're
pulling off the DB anyway.

> if you hadn't thought of it already, i would make the bread crumbs links to
> the section they represent, instead of just text like they are now.
ya, just hand't got there yet :)

> on a similar note, i'd like to look into making a couple of verity
> collections that we can hook the search interface into instead of just
> searching user, title, and synopsis on w.e.o.  the collections would be
> articles, thelist, and tips.  they could search one, some, or all of the 3
> collections and get results back in the same resultset.  i think it would

> make the site hella more useful.  just some thoughts.

cool. I've got a collection on l.e.o called 'archive' which is what the
search engine on that server runs off.. how do you search on a
collection on another box? or, if you have 3 collections on one box, how
would one search the (currently) flat files on another box?

again, once we're pulling out of the DB, this won't be an issue, since
we'll have a single source from which to buiuld the collections..

.djc.