[thesite] evolt map

Ron Thigpen rthigpen at nc.rr.com
Tue Jul 17 16:08:15 CDT 2001

Another service.

http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/gazetteer-tbl?zip=27608

US only.  Zip driven, so less precision.   OK for our purposes, esp. if
not zooming in.

Could code to check multiple services on failure.

Might look for international service w/ at least per-country precision.
Of course we could just futz up our own lookup table for this.

For privacy, we might want to set an opt-in/opt-out flag.  If we're
aggregating w/o zoom, opt-out might be OK.

Might also think about letting users enter their own lat/long coords.
This could be good for internationals not covered by these services.
Good also for goofballs who'd like us to think they live in Antarctica...

--rt