[thesite] evolt map

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Wed Jul 18 08:33:27 CDT 2001

>> Oh, and let's not forget about privacy issues. I don't mean to be a
>> stick in the mud, but it's something to think about. Opinions anyone?
>
> i think we should capture the location from the member pages

+1

pulling the data from the member pages is the only sane way to go

there's a privacy scheme built in

let's assume the map is made available to the public (my opinion is that it
would make a great selling tool for new list subscribers when they see
where everybody is located)

then we would pull lat/long data from all members who have designated their
lat/long data public

or if we decide the map will be visible to members only, we would pull data
only from members who have designated their lat/long data visible to
members

et cetera

definitely it is long overdue for me to pull the description of the PRIV
scheme out of thesite archives and write it up as an articlce...

rudy