[thesite] Tips Database

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Mon Jul 23 13:29:36 CDT 2001

Dean Mah wrote:

> How do messages get into the mbox file?  And when is this file
> rotated?  Can it be a forced rotation rather than scheduled?

mg appends shit onto it every time a message goes through. its manually
rotated(which i should do sometime )

> Ideally, I don't want the Perl script to work over a live file.  I'd
> rather have the script signal a rotation of the file and work on the
> static copy.

True dat. Dean, why not have a perl script run over the same files that
the current tip harvester runs? Instead of the Big Ass .mbox file,
/home/mailman/archives/private/thelist/Week-of-Mon-XXXXXXX.txt ? Does
that file have enough header information?

I say this because its already rotating once a week, and on average is
only a MB in size.. If that doesn't work out, I'll try to put something
toegether that rotates the .mbox once a week

.djc.