[thesite] Tips Database

Dean Mah dsmah at home.com
Mon Jul 23 14:21:41 CDT 2001

Daniel J. Cody writes:

> mg appends shit onto it every time a message goes through. its
> manually rotated(which i should do sometime )

Which the Perl script could do so that you don't have to.  :)

> True dat. Dean, why not have a perl script run over the same files
> that the current tip harvester runs? Instead of the Big Ass .mbox
> file, /home/mailman/archives/private/thelist/Week-of-Mon-XXXXXXX.txt?
> Does that file have enough header information?

It doesn't have headers for: Message-ID, In-Reply-To, and To.

> I say this because its already rotating once a week, and on average
> is only a MB in size.. If that doesn't work out, I'll try to put
> something toegether that rotates the .mbox once a week

What is involved in doing the rotation?  It can be rolled into the
Perl script and then the script can be run once a week.  As long as MG
isn't opening a persistent connection to the file we should be able to
just rename it.

Dean