WAIT! Re: [thesite] feo update

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 25 08:57:26 CDT 2001

> From: "isaac" <isaac at members.evolt.org>
>
> what happened to the dividing lines? that made the blue and orange
> split more obvious.

they're there...

> of the two, this is better:
>
> http://members.evolt.org/garrett/feo2.html
>
> but it REALLY needs the dividing lines.
>
> (see the dividing lines here:
> http://www.triplezero.com.au/isaac/evolt/food/food3.jpg)

+1, as darker lines...

> i would prefer that FEO not be styled by users. that would mean having
> to provide versions of images aliased against differently coloured
> backgrounds. bleargh. FEO is *meant* to look different. keep the black
> tab, but under that, you can style away (we're aiming for valid code
> obviously). any complaints with that from anyone?

nope.  i'm starting to get sick of users anyway.

> also, i want the "food for hungry minds" to look perfect, so make that
> a GIF (spacing is critical). it'll be big enough for ALT text to show
> nicely anyway. ditto with RECIPES and CHEFS if possible. my PSD also

uhhh... you want .gif text... he heh...

> should've had 2-3 thingies to sit at the top of the sidebar - knife,
> fork, and whatever the other thing was. chopsticks would be cool.

don't forget that trying to get those images to span certain
elements will be bitch -- like straddling the joints between the
blacktabnavbarthingie and the sidebar and the content area...

you'll either have to slice 'em and re-code all those sections a bit,
or figure something else out...

> sidebar styling also needs to be modified colour-wise (black titles)
> specifically. i would also prefer no bullet points for the links below
> each title.

why not?  or am i looking in the wrong place?