[thesite] Tips Database

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Wed Jul 25 20:03:13 CDT 2001

> It's likely because the default NLS_DATE_FORMAT is something like
> YYYY-MON-DD.  You can alter your session and set it to something else
> or in your query use TO_CHAR to convert it into a character string.
> For example,
>
>    SELECT TO_CHAR(hdr_date, 'YYYY/MM/DD HH24:MI:SS') FROM thelist;

Yeah, I knew all that.  I was just testing you. ;)

Byootiful!

Thanks again Dean!

Seth

"If you're ever in an elite paratrooper group, on a secret mission, and your parachute doesn't open, I don't think anyone would blame you if you scream."  -Keith Sanvidge
Seth Bienek
Digitaris Technologies, Inc.
tel (972) 690-4131, ext. 103
fax (972) 690-0617