[thesite] map - the FSFE way

Bruce Heerssen bheerssen at visualbridge.tv
Thu Jul 26 10:29:59 CDT 2001

Warden, Matt wrote:

>>I agree in principle, but I think it would be best left for later. That
>>adds a whole other level of complexity. But a flyout info chart with the
>>members' info wouldn't be too hard.
>>

>I hadn't realized I didn't finish that sentence. What I meant to say was
>
>"If we're not doing (the zoom) now, it would be good to set it up to
>provide the member id should we decide to do that in the future."

+1 - But read Martins post. I think I like his idea better. I don't
really want this to be a huge undertaking.

>And not so much info, but hovering or zooming in would use the member ids
>to get the member name so that it's just not a bunch of dots. Like, when
>you check the "labels" checkbox on dean's map.

That's good - very clean. And following up on Martin's idea, we could
provide a link to an outside map if the member has chosen to provide one.

>Yeah. I'm inclined to mention member pages here...

I'm not sure I follow you. Do you mean having a link to the member pages
on the fly-out label? That would be cool.

Cheers

-Bruce